Technology + Lifestyle Communications
For more than eight years The PR Group has established itself as a leading PR agency for technology, media and online businesses or brands that are looking to disrupt and innovate in their industry. We provide a diverse range of integrated client solutions to businesses of all sizes, no matter what stage you are at in your business journey.
Our experienced consultants are at the top of their game in PR, business, consumer and technology media, government relations, corporate communications and digital marketing. They bring smart strategy, big and practical ideas plus commercial thinking to everything we do.
Importantly, we know traditional and online media and how to make you relevant in the changing media landscape.
That’s why some of the world’s most disruptive businesses, such as Dropbox, SurveyMonkey, OFX, Eventbrite, 99designs, Upwork, Deliveroo and Redbubble, choose The PR Group over other agencies. It’s the reason why startups put their launch decisions in our hands; global giants turn to us to help them with their market entry and scale strategies; and fast growing and disruptive businesses turn to us to support their journey to IPO or capital raise.
How we can support your business journey
If you are a technology business with big plans, get in touch with us today. Let us help you to tell your story.
Business + Consumer + Technology PR
Events, Brand Activations + Sponsorship Leverage
Digital Content + Social Media
Senior Management Team
Caroline Shawyer, Founding CEO (Victorian Office)
- Caroline has over 15 years’ experience working in innovation hot spots in the US, Asia and Australia.
- Has provided strategic counsel to some of the world’s biggest brands including SurveyMonkey, Dropbox, Etsy, Eventbrite, Indiegogo, Houzz, Upwork and OFX and has built communication programs that have helped emerging companies unlock their growth potential.
- Strong interest in entrepreneurialism and works closely with the local start-up community as a PR mentor for a number of startup incubators.
- Specialisations include capital raisings, IPO and global PR strategy.
Melissa Shawyer, Founding CEO (NSW Office)
- Melissa has over 15 years’ experience working with major brands and blue chip organisations, predominantly in financial, professional and IT services.
- Has provided strategic counsel to leading brands including NAB, KPMG, Medibank Private, Dropbox, Microsoft, Sony Ericsson.
- Strong interest in fintech and disruptive technologies and service delivery models such as blockchain, sharing economy and marketplaces.
- Specialisations include communications strategy and messaging development, brand positioning strategy, editorial strategy.
- Kate specialises in consumer lifestyle and tech PR with deep media relationships across all major national titles.
- She has six years’ experience in profiling businesses and founders as well as driving strategies and big consumer campaigns, including blogger relations for high-profile clients.
- Her client experience includes: IKEA, Houzz, Coffee Meets Bagel, Sony Australia, American Express (Shop Small), Australian Securities Investments Commission (ASIC), Commonwealth Bank, eHarmony, Sanitarium, Sharp Australia.
- Specialisations include integrated brand campaigns, social influencer programs and leading agile and active press offices for major consumer brands.
Get In Touch
3/2 Darling Street
5/104 Commonwealth St
New Business & Partnership Enquiries: Caroline Shawyer +61 (0) 401 496 334
General Enquiries: +61 3 9428 5824